Why you should listen to me:

This Blog is all about applying and getting into colleges and graduate schools. I know all about it. I'm currently working on my fifth degree.

Here are my credentials:

B.A. Mathematics - University of Southern California
B.A. Economics - Univeristy of Southern California
M.A. Economics - University of Southern California, Graduate School
J.D. - Temple University - Beasley School of Law (full scholarship)
M.S.F.E. -Temple University - Fox School of Business (expected)

I've also been accepted to Princeton Graduate School, NYU Graduate School, and Lehigh University Grad school.

Not all has been easy: I've was deferred then denied at Harvard undergrad, and wait listed at the University of Chicago grad school. But I have learned from my errors and hope that you'll learn from them too.

I've also spent alot of time in test prep, having taken the Kaplan PSAT, SAT, GRE, and LSAT courses. I've read so many study guides for those standardized tests, that you wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Getting into your top choice has never been harder...

If you don't know already, the population of junior high and high schoolers has been getting larger and larger every year. In 2008, we had 3.32 million high school graduates alone. This is a huge number! The competition is fierce and you have to maximize every advantage you have over the others.

Think your smart enough already and don't want to bother reading this blog? Well then... let me bring you back to reality quickly. There are 3.32 million high school graduates this year. If you were in the top 1% then you'd be grouped together with 33,200 other people that are just as smart. Alot of them are probably more athletic, outgoing, and involved in extra curriculars than you as well.

Look, I'm not here to bust anyone's chops. My whole purpose is to pass onto you what I've learned after years and years of schooling. You have to be serious about getting in and be willing to sacrifice your time and energy. But believe me it'll pay off in the end.

What you can expect from this site:

This site assumes you've already made the decision to go to college or grad school. The posts I'll put up will generally deal with schools with the largest number of applicants. You can be involved as well, feel free to comment on anything. I'm also willing to critique an essay or two, but you have to be willing to let me post the original online. All submissions can be sent to: jc@motivatedmessages.com. Not all submissions will recieve a response. So, enough of the administrative stuff, it's time for you to hit the books...

Saturday, August 2, 2008